Then make sure everyone on your team feels comfortable with the technology and knows how to use it in their daily work. Training your employees on how to effectively use the tools should be one of the top priorities in your remote onboarding process. Some tools may be straightforward to you, but to someone using them for the first time, they may seem complicated.
- It enables virtual teams to make innovative and creative new products, communicate better, and promotes productivity.
- Whether it’s through learning and development activities, murder mystery games, or puzzle solving, you shouldn’t skip gamification in your remote team-building activities.
- Some popular virtual team building games are virtual escape rooms, virtual trivia games, virtual scavenger hunts, and virtual murder mysteries.
- It ensures everyone is on the same page, understands their responsibilities, and works towards the same goal.
- Like other communication tools, instant messaging software is valuable for a remote content team.
- These can serve as a place to educate, network, share messages of interest, and collaborate in real-time.
By implementing these strategies, remote teams can achieve their goals and thrive in a virtual work environment. In recent years, remote work has become increasingly popular, and remote teams are more prevalent. Remote teams are groups of professionals who work together on a project https://remotemode.net/blog/10-best-remote-team-collaboration-practices/ but are located in different physical spaces. Effective collaboration in remote teams requires proper communication, team-building activities, virtual team management, and remote collaboration tools. These activities help team members to build personal connections and trust.
How can virtual team building activities improve problem solving skills?
DocuSign is helping by offering more than 350 integrations that allow users to complete tasks in applications they’re already using on a day-to-day basis, such as Slack, Teams and Salesforce. If you’d like to know more about building an efficient and productive remote development team, feel free to reach out to us by filling out the contact form. You can also download a copy of our offshoring crash-course ebook that acts as a guide to all things offshoring.
10to8 is a scheduling software for remote teams that enables them to arrange virtual meetings and online appointments. The 2-way calendar sync with most calendar apps ensures that double-bookings don’t happen, and the automated reminders help teams keep track of meetings, eliminating wasted time and confusion. Trello helps teams to manage projects without strictly being a project management tool. It can help employees to keep projects on track as individual activities can be added as cards onto project boards that are sorted into numerous columns that can be customised. Tasks can be assigned to team members, who can receive alerts via email and where progress can be tracked.
Tips for Maintaining Productivity
Some software offers security across communication channels, and some include tools enable your team to recognize which people are talking. With multiple people working on a project from different locations a ‘single version of the truth’ is essential, so transparency and real-time updates are crucial. “You could be planning a marketing campaign, presenting the plan just as though you were standing in front of a whiteboard.
- One of the key ways to prevent attrition is by investing in your employees’ growth.
- Including some rough timings for each item is a good way to let people know what’s coming and will help with your pacing.
- To manage a remote team effectively, managers should establish clear expectations and goals, provide regular feedback and support, and ensure that team members have the resources they need to be successful.
- Another way to manage remote teams is by creating team-building activities.
- There are a lot of apps that can help you manage and collaborate on your tasks remotely, e.g.
- Additionally, some teams may benefit from using more specialised software, such as design-focused platforms like Figma or InVision, or developer-focused tools like GitHub.
It can be as simple as taking a few minutes of your regular meetings to talk about non-work-related matters. And every once in a while, it would be good to plan some bonding activities for your team. As already mentioned, research shows that remote workers are more engaged and productive. If you’re not being careful, you can find yourself on a fast track to burnout. It’s about making sure they don’t work too hard and helping them limit distractions,’ says David Burkus in Leading from Anywhere. Research has shown the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a geologic impact on the future of work, irreparably shifting the way many people perform their jobs.
Interestingly this work also found that the more interdependent a team is, the more trust is important. This makes sense as the more you depend on others to get your work done, the more benefits you will get from a high trust environment. Without trust and collaboration in a business, there is nothing but process, hierarchy and extra expenses. Managing virtual and physical teams is all covered in our line manager courses.
Remote collaboration enables companies to tap into a global talent pool, resulting in more efficient and cost-effective hiring practices. Managing remote teams can be challenging, but with the right strategies and tools, it can be a rewarding experience. However, with the rise of remote work, the need for effective team-building strategies in remote teams has become more important than ever. Some software is highly secure and enables your remote team to work confidently. The most suitable software will depend on the requirements of your remote content team.
Building Trust and Relationships
One way to ensure success in managing a remote team is by using the right project management tools. Such software allows each team member to organize, plan, and update their projects’ progress as well as communicate in a centralized place. Moreover, these front-line employees’ regular exposure to the executive’s big-picture organisational perspective can help ward off siloed thinking and enable the more holistic perspective required for innovation. Building the connections for collaboration also demands that leaders understand and respond to the individual challenges of team members. One-on-one connections and conversations are essential for building the collaborative trust that underpins innovation in remote teams.
- If you show trust in your team they are much more likely to show trust to your and others on the team.
- By introducing the right remote collaboration tools, organisations can ensure that teams are well connected and work together in new and innovative ways.
- Such activities can help build happier workplaces, encourage collaboration, and help alleviate workplace stress.
- For example, virtual team building exercises like virtual team building games can help team members learn how to work together towards a common objective, which can improve collaboration and teamwork.
- If you are currently managing a remote team, then you have to find ways to guide, support and nurture your team members.
- In conclusion, implementing these 10 best practices for remote team collaboration can lead to increased productivity, improved communication, and a more positive work environment.
VoIP Business aims to provide you with best business phone system to manage remote workforce. Just remember, your employees might be out of sight; they don’t have to be out of mind. As a manager, provide them with structure and tools that can help them thrive along with your business. Remote working has become an essential and useful benefit that any business can offer, and it’s clear why. Remote work options have become popular among employers and employees to unlock better productivity.
File management tools
Slack is great for teams that work internationally or across different time zones, as it doesn’t just work in real time, but asynchronously too. You can also switch easily between multiple Slack accounts, and customising individual accounts to look differently to help keep track of different projects. For some users, Slack may feel slightly chaotic – and potentially relies on teams having to agree informally https://remotemode.net/ on the rules of engagement, something that may not work for all. It creates a positive and productive work environment, where team members feel confident in each other’s abilities and dependability. This helps to ensure that tasks are completed efficiently, goals are met, and the team operates smoothly. Assigning clear roles and responsibilities is crucial for effective remote team collaboration.
What are five 5 techniques for effective collaboration in the context of a remote team working environment?
- Align your team around a shared vision.
- Communicate in the context of your projects.
- Set expectations for communication.
- Make the most of meetings.
- Prioritize in-depth work.
- Embracing remote work.